Monday, June 6, 2016

Homeschool day 6/6/16

Sophie woke up with a mild fever and headache. I gave her some Tylenol and soon after she was feeling much better. I left early to clean the church, and the kids used the Time4Learning website. Sophie did Math and Language and Christian did high school English II.   On Friday he had finished an 8 week writing course on Time4Writing.com. His final grade was a 91!

When I got home, Sophie and I took turns reading from "Exploring Creation with Zoology 3". We read about amphibians and the life cycle of a frog. Then Sophie answered a couple questions and did a vocabulary crossword puzzle.  Christian worked on his Algebra I, then he and I read in his physical science textbook and we did and experiment. After that he finished his schoolwork with a history worksheet.

Sophie was supposed to go to a horse riding lesson today, but we decided to cancel because she still wasn't feeling her best.  I ran out to the library to get some geography books that I want to start reading with Sophie tomorrow.  Later I started dinner and the kids did their own laundry, which is something new I started today.

The last thing Sophie did for school was review multiplication facts, then I read aloud to her from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dohl. Christian read "Star Wars Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side.






No comments:

Post a Comment