Sunday, October 28, 2018

Weekly Wrap-up: Week 8


Mysteries & More online class (language arts)
This week's class was very exciting!  They got to interview Kate Hannigan, the author of The Detective's Assistant, and each student got to ask two questions.  They also started a new book called The Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine.  Sophie read half the book and is loving it, but the rest of the class is having a hard time finding the book, so her teacher said she has to wait for the class to catch up.

Math  
Math has been Sophie's most difficult subject throughout the years.  I talked with Bethany, our homeschool evaluator about this; she suggested Principles of Mathematics and so far, so good!  I read the lesson with Sophie and when she finishes the worksheets, I correct it right away, so I can help her with any she got wrong.  Over the last few days I've heard, "this is fun" more than once.  This is a good sign!

History
The Mystery of History combines world history and Bible history.  This week Sophie learned about Jacob and Esau, Joseph, Hammurabi, and the Israelite's in slavery.  Sophie commented on how she likes the author's writing style.  One of the things I like about this curriculum is that it's not dry.

Art online class
In class they learned about frottage and grattage.  They are also still working with acrylics. Sophie started painting Van Gogh's Starry Night that's due next week.


Cooking/Baking
We have lots of apples left, so Sophie made us an apple pie!



Extra
We all helped out on Saturday with our church's Fall Festival.  I got some great pics of Sophie and her friends, and of christian with the kids.  





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Tracey! I enjoyed reading about your week. Seems like we have quite a bit in common - I've also graduated three sons from my homeschool, and have just my daughter. I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading yours, too! Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete