Friday, October 12, 2018

October Daybook



For Today:
October 11, 2018

Looking out my window... it's raining.  But the last couple days have been perfect fall days. I need to get some pictures!

I am thinking... about how I recently went to the funeral of a godly, kind, loving young woman named Anna who died in a kayaking accident.  It's interesting that just minutes before I heard about her passing, I had this thought that I don't have to worry about death-that I'm not going to die until it's my time.  I hadn't been thinking about death at all, and it seemed completely out of the blue, but I had a peace.  

I am thankful... that I got away for the weekend with 5 friends from church.  We went to see Joyce Meyer in Worcester MA.  I was happy to find out that Natalie Grant was leading the music, and that the whole event was free!  We stayed overnight at my friend's mother-in-law's house.  



One of my favorite things... is this time of year. I live in New England and the fall foliage is gorgeous! 

I am creating... watercolor paintings.  I'm a beginner, and It's my first time using watercolors.


I am wearing... black yoga pants, and a long, gray and white striped Lularoe T-shirt.  


I am reading... Imagine Heaven: near death experience, God's promises, and the exhilarating future that awaits you by John Burke

I am watching... Counting On.  This show is a continuation of 19 Kids and Counting,  and it focuses on the lives of the older kids.  I've always liked reality shows, and I've been watching this one from the beginning.  

I am listening to... WOW Hits 2018 in the car.  At home I've been listening to Andrew Clements books and Adventures in Odyssey radio drama with Sophie.  

I am hoping... to get a better homeschool routine going.  Sophie knows what subjects to do each day, but she likes to pick the order, and some assignments aren't getting done.  I found this article on homeschool routines.  They use morning time (bible, prayer, character), table time (math, LA, history and science) , and tea time (art, music, nature studies, and foreign language).  I'm going to try it. 

I am learning... how to choreograph and teach worship dances.  I am teaching one now to 4 women and we will be presenting it at a woman's Advance next weekend!

In my kitchen... I've been baking and cooking with zucchini.  Here are some muffins I made, notice the silicone reusable baking cups.  My daughter bought them, I didn't know there was such a thing.  You don't need to grease them-the muffins just pop out! This is the recipe I used Honey, olive oil zucchini muffins. I did make a few changes though.  I substituted 1/4 cup applesauce for one of the eggs,  I used whole wheat pastry flour, and only 1/2 cup maple syrup.  


In the school room...Sophie's online classes are going really well.  Here she is working on a mosaic project for art class.

A moment from my day:

 My dad got this dining set free and brought it over yesterday.  This is an answer to prayer, I had been borrowing my other table and wanted to give it back. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the water color! =) Yay for a new kitchen table. I used to listen to the WOW cds all the time. Mostly use my phone now for music or just stick to radio as there is a CD stuck in my van cd player! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy! You can find the CD on YouTube if you ever want to listen to the newest one.

    ReplyDelete