Friday, March 5, 2021

October Daybook

 For Today: October 12, 2020


Looking out my window...it's a beautiful Fall day! The colors are gorgeous



I am thinking...about our recent trip to The White Mountains with Andrew and Charles. Here we are at The Flume Gorge.




I am thankful...that I've been leading choreographed dances at church. 

One of my favorite things...is going for walks with my friends. This was a spur of the moment nature walk with my friends Chris and Ann.



I am creating....two worship dances right now - Ever Be (which we are doing this Sunday) and The Blessing. The Blessing has been especially cool because there are four of us choreographing different parts.

I am wearing....black leggings, a white shirt with black hearts on it, and a sweatshirt. I'm going to dance class soon.

I am reading.... You Carried Me: A Daughter's Memoir by Melissa Ohden. It's about a woman who survives an abortion and was given up for adoption. She finds this out in her teen years, and later meets her birth mother. Good book!

I am watching...historical movies with Sophie. Last night we watched Hidden Figures. I haven't been watching as much YouTube lately - which is good. We've also been watching the series Once Upon a Time together some evenings.

I am listening to... monthly playlists I create on Spotify. I've had the free trial before, but I finally got a subscription and I'm so glad I did! This morning I listened to Bethel Music instrumental worship during my quiet time.

I am hoping...to start a new organizing job next week. I've already been given partial payment for it, and I'm looking forward to getting started.

I am learning....a lot from Beth moore at a weekly woman's bible study. 

In the kitchen...last week I made lasagna. I put the leftovers in small portions in the freezer for quick lunches or dinners. I did the same thing with the banana bread I made recently. The fall weather is making me crave soup, so today I made chicken noodle. Not my favorite soup, but Sophie requested it, and it turned out great!

In the school room...Sophie's been taking live online classes on Outschool. She is currently taking Essay Writing and Creative Fall Crafts, and she will be starting a Diary of Anne Frank book club soon. We've also been getting out and doing as many field trips as we can this year. Last month, Andrew, Sophie and I enjoyed going to the Currier Art Museum.



In my garden...I had a good year. I got tons of tomatoes, cucumbers, and hot peppers! The onions and green peppers didn't do so well - I only got a few. This week I'm going to clean out the beds. I saw lots of bunnies around the garden, too!

A moment from my day...Sophie and I went for a long walk around Keene today.


No comments:

Post a Comment