Friday, March 5, 2021

Homemade cleaners and more

 Glass cleaner- Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 T cornstartch and 2 cups hot water in a spay bottle. Make sure to shake well each time before using. I got the recipe here.

All-purpose cleaner- Put 1/4 cup castile soap, 3 cups of water, and 10 drops of tea tree oil or lemon essential oil into a spray bottle. Another one I've been making lately is: Orange Vinegar Cleaner.

Laundry detergent-I've used this homemade laundry detergent for years. Sometimes I do use a cheap dollar store detergent to wash my dish cloths, rags and towels.

Fabric softener- I put 1/4 cup vinegar in every wash, and dryer balls with a few drops of lavender or orange essential oils.

Napkins-My daughter gave me a number of large cloth napkins, so I cut them in fours and sewed around the edges. I've also made my own, which was very easy. We use these every day; after use we put them in a bucket under the sink to wash with towels.

Paper towels-We use dishcloths and rags. I also had a set of old terry cloth sheets that I cut up into a bunch of squares. I've saved so much money by not buying napkins and paper towels!

Toilet bowl cleaner-I take two seconds once a day to spray my homemade all-purpose cleaner into the toilet and give it a swish.

Shower cleaner- I use my homemade all purpose cleaner, and wipe or squeegee often.

Drinking glasses-Throughout the years we've broken so many glasses! For a while we've been using mason jars and recycled jars.

Taco seasoning-here is my recipe.

Light brown sugar-With a fork, mix 1 tablespoon molasses into 1 cup of white sugar. Use 2 tablespoons molasses for dark brown sugar. This is so easy, and molasses lasts a long time.

Buttermilk- stir 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar into 1 cup of milk ( I use almond milk). Let sit for 5 minutes. It's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment