Saturday, December 22, 2018

December Daybook

For Today: December

Looking out my window.... it's been raining hard -and it's been warm, yesterday it was 60 degrees!

I am thinking... about my friend Dawn's Christmas party that I'm going to tonight.  I'll be seeing a few friends that I don't get to visit with very often.

I am thankful... for my life.  I am blessed in so many ways!  I love the town I live in, and I am a part of two great churches.

One of my favorite things... is my daughter's baking.  The house smells so good right now!  She made yummy gingerbread cookies!



I am creating... these cool reusable shopping bags out of feed bags.  My friend has a farm and she brought me a pile of feed bags and taught me how to make these. 



I am wearing... black jeans, a maroon T-shirt, and a long gray and black sweater.

I am reading... nothing right now, which is very unusual for me.  We have been so busy with Christmas activities that we haven't been able to get to the library. 

I am watching.... YouTube videos of people who were vegan for 7,10, and 15 years, and how it damaged their health.  Years ago I watched some popular documentaries like FoodMatters, Forks over Knives, and food, Inc., and started believing that being vegan was the best diet for health and the environment.  I've since changed my thinking on this, but it's taken a long time.  These videos were a good reminder for me not to go so extreme with my diet.  

I am listening to... Noel by Lauren Daigle and  Light of the World by Lauren Daigle


I am hoping... to take an online course on how to become a professional organizer. 

I am learning... to be more confident when speaking to a group.  Last night at a woman's bible study I shared my testimony about how I met Jesus.  I was a little nervous at first, but after a few minutes I was very comfortable.  This past year I've led six worship dance workshops, so I've been doing more public speaking than normal.  I actually enjoy it, but I still get nervous beforehand.  

In my kitchen... we have been eating really basic meals.  Our dinners have mainly been meat and veggies, but we did splurge on some sushi recently!  

In the school room...  Sophie finished her online art class.  I'm really proud of her; she put a lot into this class.  We are taking this week off, but I like routine,  so I'm looking forward to starting fresh after Christmas break!  

A moment from my day
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment