Sunday, December 9, 2018

My Minimalist House Tour: Office, laundry, Upstairs Closet, and Bathroom

It might seem weird to some people, to whom organization comes easily, to see pics of peoples drawers, cupboards and closets.  But I struggled for so many years to keep my home organized.  The kids always pitched in to keep it clean, but we just had to much stuff, and I didn't home a home for everything.   We would have piles of papers and small random objects that would get put in bags and placed in closets not to be seen for a long time!  Now that I have learned  how to live minimally and be organized, I want to help people see that they can, too!  So, here is more of my minimalist house tour! 

Between the living room and kitchen is our our laundry and office area.


My parents recently gave me this desk; it fits perfectly here!  We keep our weekly library books on the bottom shelf of the desk, and I use the calendar on the wall everyday.  Sophie does some of her homeschooling here.


Inside the desk drawer we keep office and homeschooling supplies.


Here is our laundry area. I didn't have a washer and dryer hook up in our last home, so this is a huge blessing!  In the plastic drawers up top I keep computer paper, card stock, and  lined paper.  The other drawers hold markers and colored pens and pencils.  One basket holds laundry detergent and vinegar, and the other has more games (our family loves games!). 


We only have one bathroom. The only thing we keep on the counter is hand soap.  Oh yeah, I forgot to get the drawers.  In one we keep hair brushes/combs and head bands, the other has Sophie's facial products. 


The medicine cabinet


We used to have so many towels!  Now we each have two bath towels and one beach towel.  


 This is the upstairs storage closet.  This closet could get out of control if I let it!  I  recently reorganized it.  In it there are things like scrapbooks, homeschooling portfolios, old photo albums,  artwork, books, school books, and sleeping bags.

The next post will be the bedrooms; it's the last one of the tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment