Friday, November 23, 2018

November Daybook



For Today:
November 21, 2018

Looking out my window... the ground is covered with snow!  We've had two snowstorms in the last couple days.  

I am thinking...about how I feel content lately.  I like my life right now.  There are some things coming up in the near future that I'm not sure how they will turn out, but I'm hopeful and not worrying about it.  

I am thankful...that I got to see my brother and his family more this year.  It was wonderful to spend Thanksgiving with them! 

One of my favorite things...is spending the holidays with family!

I am creating... snowflakes out of toilet paper rolls!  This craft has been so relaxing and fun!  You cut half inch strips out of toilet paper rolls, then you glue the strips to form the snowflake.  I spay painted them white,  then dipped in glue and glitter. They came out so pretty!  Here is the link if you want to make them. 




I am wearing... a purple sweater and jeans.

I am reading...Educated: a Memoir by Tara Westover.   Excellent book!

I am watching... a Vlog called 1000's of Roots.  Its about a family of eight who are homesteading off grid. 

I am listening to... the audio book: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. 

I am hoping... to get more work.  I went to two interviews at a craft store last week.  I've also been thinking about how I love helping people declutter and organize their homes.  I have thought about making money doing it for a while; I just need to take the step! 

I am learning...about homesteading, off grid living, and tiny houses.  I think I'd like this lifestyle, but I'm not sure...maybe someday, at least the tiny house part.  

In my kitchen... I made homemade falafel.   It was so easy; why haven't I done this before?  I got the recipe at budgetbytes.com.  We like to have it over roasted spaghetti squash with pasta sauce. 

In the school room... we've gotten into a pretty good routine.   I'm so proud of Sophie, she's getting all her work done each week!

A moment from my day:
Thanksgiving Day!
  My daughter, my mom and I
 My family

No comments:

Post a Comment