Monday, September 18, 2017

audio books, crocheting, and cleaning

Today Sophie and I  spent the morning listening to Extra Credit by Andrew Clements.   While listening to books on CD we usually color or draw, but lately I've been knitting dish clothes. Sophie decided to try crocheting again.  I was thrilled because I know it's something she will enjoy, but I didn't push her get it like I have in the past. And she pretty much figured it out on her own, with just a little guidance from me. Later when Christian was watching a drawing lesson on YouTube, Sophie listened to Short by Holly Goldburg Sloan with head phones while I read a John Holt book.  They both worked on their VLACS courses.

Sophie came with me in the afternoon when I cleaned a friends home. Sophie was going to help with the dog, and maybe do some dishes, but she ended up happily working with me almost the entire 4 hours we were there!  It was really a blessing. We got twice as much done as I would have alone. She washed dishes, dusted everything, organized, mopped and folded laundry.  While we were there, she listened to The Landry News by Andrew Clements, twice through!   Christian got some exercise biking to bring us supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment